pulled the Trigger

HAmmer32261

The major difference between the 2 is that the 105 has a very robust analog section. I have my 105 hooked directly to my amp via analog connections.

So you use the hdmi for video, and the 5 or 7 analog outputs directly to your amp. When you say amp you mean like separates right not a receiver. If so I take it that the Oppo does all the audio processing, so you could just run the hdmi for video to a projector and the analog outs to your separates which gives you the best optimal sound.

Yes. I send video to my TV via HDMI and analog audio directly to my amp. Amp as in stand alone. No Preamp/Processor/Integrated. RCA cables hooked into my ATI amp. That's correct. I get 1080p for video and 3.1 (till I get surrounds and another sub, then 5.2) analog audio processed by my 105.

I think Mongo got rid of his AVR altogether

Don't need no stinkin' AVR.

Unless one likes the different audio effects and auto room correction stuff.

The 105 does everything I need it to do and more. I just need to get the stuff to make REW work and I'll be good.

Got the Oppo setup today, Super easy menu setup (easier than my Ps3)

after the frimware update got everything adjusted just right and then proceeded to play a data disc that i burned some

192/24bit music file too and the oppo played them flawlessly, the music sounded remarkable, I cant believe i waited so long

to buy this unit, it's really amazing. Also played a SACD and a DVD-audio disc and this player does it all

i connect a spare monitor i had to the denon 4311 and i use that for my menu screen for music playback.

I highly recommend this player if your in the market for a new one, you wont regret it

Menu screen and minidisc player

B3F7F8A3-9009-40F3-AB38-5997FD3CE785-367

Oppo 105 in the rack

5039E5E3-AB3E-482F-898C-59675B568DDC-367