Just loved my little 2.1 Promedia speakers until the sub surround went KAPUT.

JL Sargent

It was all going so well with Pandora playing in the background as I typed away on my latest project when all of a sudden I hear a distinct BUZZ coming from my sub. I grabbed a flashlight, bent down on my knees and took a look under the computer table at the sub to find that a sizable section of the surround had fallen. I then took a butter knife and pryed off the metal screen protecting the sub. Sure enough the surround was toast. 4 #2 philips screws later I had the sub in hand. Now where to find a suitable replacement 6 ohm sub that is 6.5"? Probably not even possible.I checked parts express, Ebay, Amazon and none of those looked even close. Then I found this fine unit with a paper surround!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300898516343&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Now some might say the parameters of the sub are wrong or that it's an 8 ohm and I really needed a 6 ohm. Yes, this is all true but I bet this sub works a whole lot better and "longer" than my prevously buzzing Klipsch sub. My 9 yr old rocking out to his latest so called "Music" won't really notice. We'll see how it goes.

Glad you're back in business.

Foam surrounds are an enigma, especially coming from Klipsch. They never last.

I too love the sound of Pandora from my Promedia 2.1 while at the computer. My only complaint is too much gain from the woofer. I always listen with it dialed down to the minimum. I'd prefer turning up to the desired bass. When my foam surround dies, I'd like a paper surround replacement that needs a slight boost.