K-33's might be dying

Coytee

In tennesse for 3 weeks. Turned Lascalas on last night.....heard some...'flubbering' of some bass notes. I won't be dissecting the speakers on this trip but, the sound has me thinking I'll finally be in the market to buy two new woofers. If indeed the woofers have finally bit the dust, I can't complain as they are original since 1979 and survived my stupidity in college. [:D]

Sounds like yours were lucky back in the 70's. One of my "original" K33's turned into a 6inch woofer that just made a clicking noise as it flicked the rest of the cone. We got lazy that night and left the Bass Guitar rig in the car and just ran the bass DI into the mixer. I was sooo lucky the Australian distributor replaced both under warranty and said don't do it again. [:D]

Strange, I went back over to the house (wife & I are staying in her fathers house for while as she gets over her hip replacement surgery), turned it to another channel and it's sounding fine. Beginning to wonder if it was noise on radio station.

Strange, I went back over to the house (wife & I are staying in her fathers house for while as she gets over her hip replacement surgery), turned it to another channel and it's sounding fine. Beginning to wonder if it was noise on radio station.

Not surprised. When I read your first post, I was thinking that it was something else.

I will admit to NOT using an antenna at all. It (the entire system) isn't fully installed yet and I could never find my old wire antenna so I'm getting along without it for now.

Sounds like you don't have a mechanical problem then. Just PM me if you think you need that pair of replacement K-33-E's.

Craig