RF 82ii and Rc 64i or ii

joehernandez509

Lol I inquired about that sub already. The only thing that I don't like about it is the age and I think it's missing the external crossover it came with . I am a little worried about its dependability . Also for close to its price I have seen subs like a martin logan dynamo 1000 for 500$ . I am not sure how those stack up against eachother but I just wonder if I can get a newer sub for about the same price that could give me about the same performance or better ?

i just bought an dynamo 300 and to me its ok for a little bedroom sub for watching movies once in a while. but it isnt a real sub at all. i bet you that the rf-83's play just as low and cleaner at higher volumes than that dynamo would. you have big towers that need a beefy sub. take your time saving as a sub is the second speaker that you are supposed to spend the most money on. o me unless you get an svs, the sub should be a 15". svs gets away with the pb-12 plus and pb-13 ultra because they are insanely high quality drivers with very high output. if your speakers are black, then the new psa xv-15 in black oak would probably match very well.

Derrick outlaw doesn't make a 15" sub. Svs cylinder will save on space. Depending on your listening volumes and room size the pc-12 Nsd could be a great alternative. Or you could go DIY......yep I am officially gonna be one of those guys now. Best bang for your buck by FAR! And it's so easy with all the new options.

I personally get a little worried about subs if they are a few years old. In fact I generally am not comfortable buying a sub without a warranty really. There is an svs pc-12 plus on avs for 580 I think and it would probably dominate the servo 15 and newer too. It's just a bit out of warranty. Only reason I didn't snag it for my living room. Ill buy stuff with no warranty if the price is great and something breaks and can be replaced and still be a good deal. Otherwise since subs involve electronics I stick with newer stuff.

Derrick outlaw doesn't make a 15" sub. Svs cylinder will save on space. Depending on your listening volumes and room size the pc-12 Nsd could be a great alternative. Or you could go DIY......yep I am officially gonna be one of those guys now. Best bang for your buck by FAR! And it's so easy with all the new options.

I know that is why I said if space is a problem the Outlaw or SVS would be good. Maybe I should have worded things a little better.[:)]

I am sitting here on my day of rest listening to some music and it sounds great . Piano really sounds good for some reason on these. It's amazing also how much effeciant these speakers are and how explosive they sound even at low volumes . Maybe tomorrow I get a chance to really crank them.

my first Klipsch were rf-82 and they were amazing. Had I never got on this forum I'd be listening to them right now with about 15,000$ more in my savings. But insure do enjoy everything I have now.