Getting rid of THE JOB for summer

cluless

I have to get a job at HP-Compaq or Toshiba very soon. Next school year, since I allready have enough credits to graduate, I am doing a IT-Coop program where you leave school after 11:00 and work at a technology company for 7-8 bucks an hour and up for at least 15 hours a week. Not many hours, but you can request more. I will hopefully make some money with this so when college comes around I will not have to touch my money that i have been saving for that on my, err, hobbies Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Hmmm, I am trying to remember my journey through Egg Harbor Township... as I had the pedal to the metal and my eye out for Garden State Parkway fuzz... just how wonderful life in Egg Harbor Township could be.

I understand that the summer doesn't have the excitement of Absegami Wrestling or flomping through the marshes to recall the vision of bazillions of nesting shore birds that is its heritage. With all this action, how could you defile your mind with pulpy science fiction and your belly with BLT's.

Egg Harbor prides itself on its rampant Americanism so, we all expect fair-minded Chris and family to enjoy a spectacular homespun Fourth of July vacation.

Well, then again, given the quality of BLT minded nightlife, maybe it is a good idea for an BLT computer literate country guy to curl up with an Earl of Sandwich book, and send the wife and kids to Atlantic city... while you enjoy that Ref3 Klipsch stereo system you toted along. Enjoy Independence Daze! -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-03-2002 at 10:28 AM

Screw work, lets go on tour. So many bands, so little time. Sadly reality set in a few years ago and the days of summer on the road are probably over for ever.

Although I am cruising down to Dallas for Ziggy Marley in 2 weeks. If I could only be 20 again....

ken

Me, I'll get to see Rush on the 9th at the Nissan Pavilion. They are on thier Vapor Trail tour. In September, I may go see Styx and REO Speedwagon when they play at the amphitheater at Paramount's Kings Dominion.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 07-02-2002 at 08:15 PM

In the Spirit of the Fourth... and the music of our land... I shall be pulling the motorhome to the California Song Writers Festival. A fun but private annual event held on a private estate. The songs range from rap, blues, funk, country & western to traditional jazz styles or an odd carol.

There is even a provision that if you don't like a song you can let the writer know anonymously in 24 hours through a web site. Sometimes songwriters welcome friendly advice about writing something out of tune with the times... sometimes they just get mad.

Playfully outspoken as I am, it's a wonder that I was invited back. Happy Fourth y'all. -HornED

PS: How do I find the Cure? Maybe I need to GET a Summer job! cwm36.gif

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-03-2002 at 10:34 AM

Skanopa---Rush? Man I used to see them in clubs 30 years ago when they were playing "Working Man" and were a straight hard-rockin' outfit. Those old goons still around? :-)I always hated Styx, bunch of South Side guys who started on the accordian playing "Lady of Spain" when they were kids, just had to have "arrangements" and arrangements have little place in rock and roll. Their bass player, Panazzo, was the guest of honor in the Chicago Gay parade the other day, recently came out, fella has aids, too bad. The only worse band was Kansas. It was a reaction to these behemoth bands like Rush, Kansas, Styx and Boston that started the punk thing in 76-77. Christ, when I heard the Ramones live in 77 it was an epithany, they had a Heavy Metal sound but were simple and relentless. I stripped my drum kit down to the basic 4 drums, forgot about fills and ROCKED. REO was a VERY hard rocking band live though, much harder than some of their wimpy singles would indicate.

Cluless,

hmmmmm 1992? if so I was there with ya. I could never see such a depressing band ever again. But at the time it was the best thing.

Last weekend I saw String Cheese Incident, probably my 10th time seeing them. Such an incredible band, a blend of hardcore jazz, rock, and bluegrass, and extended jamming. They have some of the best sound guys in the biz running their sound. I just have to urge all music fans to go see these guys play. They are constantly touring the country. Just my opinion but this is the next generation Grateful Dead. Their shows are a musical journey and the energy level is extreme.

keep groovin'

ken

1992, nope. The Cure's music isn't all gloom/doom at all, although alot of the newer stuff really is. You wanna talk BLEAK, how about Staind? I like their music, but I can't listen to an entire CD without anti-depressants.

String Cheese? Hmmm, I may need to check them out.