DIY device to switch single speaker

mustang guy

That's interesting. Nice job on it.

DrWho created a switch box for me that allows me to listen to my Khorns with both my 2-ch (VRD's) and HT (Acurus A200) systems.I think Niles makes one for bare wire, but It was important for me to use banana plugs. I think there was a thread on it a few years ago. Will see if I can find it...

Mike

I use one of these in reverse to switch the L&R Belles from VRDs to Emotiva HT amp. For control of the 12 volt trigger I have a Wii power supply with one leg of the circuit hooked up to one of these Contact Closures to control the speaker selector and one of the CC legs controlling PC fans to blow over my VRD tubes. I use Roomie Remote app on my IPAD wireless to the home ethernet lan for control.

A while back I designed a somewhat simple remote controlled speaker switch. Seen here.

Doesn't look very simple to me! You are modest.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a remote controlled stand alone "source" A/B switch. It seems that with very little modification, this could be that unique device. Perhaps you could also program the remote to power down the unused source moments before toggling to the new source. It seems like it would be a good idea to protect the source amp circuitry. I'm sure there is more to it than that. My head is spinning trying to understand the simple drawing you attached here. I need a wee dram.