A question of Great BASS response!

ClaudeJ1

I have found my F-20 useful with the K-horns for music. There are a lot of recordings that so below what even a K-horn can do. Takes up a lot of real estate but toally worth it!

Yes, the F-20 looks like a really good horn design. It has "easier" proportions than a Tuba HT, being similar in that it is a conventional bass horn and not a tapped one. This makes the output useable from 20-100 Hz. rather than the 12-70 Hz. range provided by my Danley DTS-10's. As a "systems approach," I designed a 5-foot MWMs derived simple corner bass horn using the EVM-15L drivers from my FH-1 bins (which urrently PEQ'd with a 9 db boost at 61 Hz.). When I finish building those horns (recently moved again), I won't need the EQ anymore.

So because of the 60-600 hz. band of my bass horn design, I preferred to have lots of output below 20 Hz. which is phenomenal from the Danleys. That man is truly the King of bass in a huge way.

I have found my F-20 useful with the K-horns for music. There are a lot of recordings that so below what even a K-horn can do. Takes up a lot of real estate but toally worth it!

As a "systems approach," I designed a 5-foot MWMs derived simple corner bass horn using the EVM-15L drivers from my FH-1 bins (which urrently PEQ'd with a 9 db boost at 61 Hz.). When I finish building those horns (recently moved again), I won't need the EQ anymore.

So because of the 60-600 hz. band of my bass horn design, I preferred to have lots of output below 20 Hz. which is phenomenal from the Danleys. That man is truly the King of bass in a huge way.

I was hoping you would post some more about the smaller MWMs you designed. A super sharp looking design, I would love to hear more about them when you are finished. All I use of my K-horns are the bass bins, I would love to make something like your smaller MWMs and move the K-horns back upstairs.

As a "systems approach," I designed a 5-foot MWMs derived simple corner bass horn using the EVM-15L drivers from my FH-1 bins (which urrently PEQ'd with a 9 db boost at 61 Hz.). When I finish building those horns (recently moved again), I won't need the EQ anymore.

I was hoping you would post some more about the smaller MWMs you designed. A super sharp looking design, I would love to hear more about them when you are finished. All I use of my K-horns are the bass bins, I would love to make something like your smaller MWMs and move the K-horns back upstairs.

Hoping to get back on that soon. I have one assembled and the other parts cut and ready to glue. I will also post measurements.