xlr cable next to speaker power wire

SuBXeRo

• Moderators

Need some clarification on what you mean by "Speaker Power Wire". Power and signal should always be run separate when possible to prevent interference. Power of course would be power cables from say receivers, bluray players etc. Signal would be RCA cables, toslinc cables and speaker cables. Nothing wrong with running speaker wire next to RCA, Digital Coax cables etc.

So if you are wanting to run XLR cable next to your Speaker Wire, then you are fine.

Does that answer your question?

Im thinking this should be alright. I domt have much choice due to the in wall runs. Anyone got some input?

If you saw the back of my console, you never would of asked lol. 11 xlr's, 9 sets of speaker wire, multiple ethernet cables, a few coaxial, and about 7 power cables in one big birds nest. Fortunately, no ground or interference issues. Of course I would have been worried too if they were in wall wires....I'd do a test run outside the wall first if at all possible.

Edited by Tasdom