Chicken from China

tube fanatic

High fructose corn syrup?

I agree with everything that you said. I cannot believe what I go through to get peanut butter, jelly and syrup with no high fructose corn syrup. Pretty much have to go to Whole Foods or buy organic at the regular store (if they even carry it). But it is really good tasting.

I also started using organic ketchup. Everyone has forgotten just how good ketchup tastes by eating the crap that is out there. The organic stuff is so good. All in all we spend about $50 to $100 extra a month to buy really good food that is healthy and not processed at all. Not much of a premium at all.

One last thing that I have noticed. We barely have any trash. No boxes from pre-made food or plastic and cans (very little) and what is used is recycled. We use a kitchen trash container about 1 or 1.5 gallons in size and it only fills up a few times a week.

Quit pouring chemicals on your lawns. It goes straight into the water system. For what? Golf course lawns?

The water needs of this area are served mostly by private wells many of which are fairly shallow and, of course, septic systems. I cringe at the number of people who have contracted with the commercial lawn "care" services to spray their lawns with all kinds of toxic poisons because the sight of a single dandelion or spider is simply unacceptable. They just don't understand that the poisons don't break down and wind up in the aquifers along with all the medications which we excrete in our waste. I met a geologist 25 years ago who said the 2 most important things a homeowner in an area like this can do is to put a UV device on the well water feed, and to install reverse osmosis for the drinking water. Makes a lot of sense!

Edited by tube fanatic