finishing Khorns what components to use.

The Dude

I have my Khorn bass bins for sale, there is fellow interested in them locally. But wants to know a budget friendly way to finish them. He will need mid horn, drivers, tweeters and cross overs. I have some ideas but would like to see others ideas as well.

Edited by duder1982

Easiest thing is a sheet of veneered plywood (cherry, maple, mahogany, etc). Cut trim pieces out of solid stock to fit or use the iron on edging if you do not have a table saw (which works very well - I have built drawer faces and it looks great).

For finishing, look up a product called Deft. Water soluble, fumes are not that bad (instead of horrible chemical smell it smells like you left a sandwich in the sun :emotion-41: - still better than harsh fumes) and you can spray it or use a brush. They even sell it in rattle cans (but it is pricey in the cans).

I think he was just thinking he would paint them black, I was referring more along the lines of components. I guess wasn't to clear on that. I will say if I don't end up selling them, I would consider enclosing the backs so I can get them to work. I will take a method that you mentioned, as I like a nice wood look rather then painting.

Edited by duder1982