The Icon W

SuBXeRo

I miss it. Probably one of the nicest looking speakers Klipsch has made. Its disappointing that its production ceased. The horn it has is the most open sounding of any klipsch that I have ever heard. I think it probably would have given the reference line a HUGE run for its money had they gone with bigger drivers. The downside was always the cost of the "premium" finish which made them prohibitive almost for their cost.

I am writing this because i was inspired by the WB-14's on my computer that i haven't really listened to in months. My WF-35 system is still in use by my dad in NJ and he loves it. The center channel is one of the few that he has told me produces clear vocals for him, i think even better than my RC-7, to him at least.

• Like 1

The horn it has is the most open sounding of any klipsch that I have ever heard.

I also think the flower horm gave such a nice dispersion pattern that made the SQ great. I think the Icon W and Icon V are unique to the other Klipsch speakers due to their horns. The Icon W's are beautiful speakers.

I have not owned any of the Icon W line, however I have owned every speaker in the Icon X line (except the subs: xw-500d & xw-300d) which utilize the same drivers and horns. I absolutely love the sound they produce and IMO it's the best looking speaker Klipsch has ever produced. The bad news is that they are discontinued and hard to find. The good news is that when they do appear you can generally buy them for exceptional prices. I bought 3 pair of XL-12s BNIB for $110 per pair on eBay a few months back. I'm listening to a pair of XL-12s at my desk as I write this post. For reference it's a 26" monitor.

post-51058-0-83140000-1388681125_thumb.j

Edited by johnnydrama