Are these Fisher monoblocks really worth $2200

I was cruising eBay yesterday and I saw these Fisher Monoblocks. The seller says the reserve is $2200. Are these really worth that kind of cash?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1364932079

I am not looking at buying them just wondering about the value.

Laters,cwm9.gif

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

This is a classic example of going WAY overboard restoring something of limited value. I had a freind dump $15,000 into a Studebaker Lark that was worth $7,500 when it was completed. Sure, it was PERFECT, but so what?

Same goes for these amps. I'm sure "The Fisher Doctor" charged him at least $700 per amp to "restore" them and he probably paid $800 for the pair to begin with.

Sad part is these amps probably didn't need near the level of work that "The Fisher Doctor" provided.

I think he might get a grand or twelve hundred bucks, but if anyone pays more than that they're thinking with something other than their brain.

A couple a years ago, a buddy of mine (nicknamed the Golden Peddler) picked up a pair of similar Fisher monoblocks for $150. After a thorough "going through" by my tube guru friend John W. (new caps, etc.), the total investment was ~ $300.

My friend John said they really weren't worth fixing up and aren't very good sounding (compare to vintage Mac, Marantz, Leak, etc.) & would make a poor guitar amp.

So my buddy puts them on eBay (no reserve) and gets $1900 for them. Purchased by a fanatic in Hong Kong.

Go figure!

Always have fun & enjoy,

Pete