Mirage subwoofers???

fire pinch

"More tight? More musical? More powerfull? Can go lower? More punchy?"

None of the above

This sub is great for HT,it does shake the house but its only so so on music.

SVS outshakes it by a wide margin,SVS is more tight...alot more,SVS does everything the Mirage does but better.

Velodyne,makes the Mirage sound crude and lacking control in comparison.The Velo(larger HGS)goes below 20Hz with ease where the Mirage tries to and fails.

Sunfire...ahem maybe more output then the microscopic Super Junior other then this and Sunfire whips the Mirage.The Signature makes the BPS400 sound downright weak and lacking power.

Klipsch,well depends if you compare to the lowly(the bad way)KSW or the superior RSW series.Yes the BPS400 makes the KSW like sound weak and missing lower octaves.But even the RSW10 is superior overall,speed,definition and sub bass quality.The RSW12 and up has more output as well.

The BPS400 is a good subwoofer,it just depends how much you have to fork for it.At full reatil its overpriced.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Damn, that's opinionated!!!!!

As a seller of both Klipsch and Mirage ,I can tell you that the BPS400 AT $799 (WHICH IS THE PRICE IT'S BEEN SOLD AT FOR @ 6 MONTHS) is a steal...very musical, very attractive (compared to the ugly carpeted one's), and STRONG...While I agree with "the ears" on some observations in the past, as well as with the statement that the RSW series is much better than the KSW series, it seems that some of our judging criteria must be at odds,,,

------------------

who sells more KLIPSCH than me?!!!

Refseller,

Yeah, the_Ears judge in a very strict means... pretty much like me cuz I find always something worse when I listen to a subwoofer. I guess that the_Ears and me have very critical ears Biggrin.gif

Thank you / Merci l'Oreille for all your comments! The place where I could hear the Mirage was not near me so I wanted to know what u think before.

BTW, I will maybe go listen to the Mirage BPS-400 if one day, I go near that place. Ahhh, my sub choice is so difficult... what about the Klipsch RSW-12 or 15. People say that they are very agressive. I think that im gonna listen to them... but again the store is far from my home. However, I will not lose my time if they are high-ends subwoofers.

This message has been edited by fire pinch on 07-12-2002 at 04:01 PM

"Damn, that's opinionated!!!!!"

LOL

You claim I am wrong then posts me the max dB levels at 31.5Hz and 20Hz.The HGS18,Sunfire Sig. whips the Mirage like a gov. mule.And that is NOT an opinion mister.And did you even hear an SVS? I did(two Ultras) and the twin Ultras make any Energy,Mirage or PSB(even Paradigm) sub sound weak and lacking(yes sir).

Remember I took the heavy hitter as a reference point,not the cheapo lowly Velos or Sunfires.As I know the BPS400 hits harder.

Well I dont sell subs now(did this a few years back)but I own many and compared all the known Canadian brands(Paradigm,PSB,Energy,Mirage and D-Box) and most American heavy hitters.

If I did not hear the BPS400 I would not post or say I dont know the sub.I dont have any negative comments about the Mirage M-1's or Omnipolar speakers as they are great for the price.The BPS400 is not my cup of tea,so PinceFeu hear it by all means.I was just a bit(a tiny bit)bullish in my first post.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I guess what I meant to say is that MY judging criteria varies with application, but here are some of the things that enter into my mind when choosing:

1.)music % vs. ht %

2.)type of music

3.)other equip. it wil "marry" with

4.)how it will be connected with that equip.

5.)what "settings" will be used( x-over,etc)

6.)how it looks (I know many don't like the carpeted "hot water heater" look

7.)depth (if neccesary in regards to other considerations)

8.)output (also if neccesary in regards to other considerations)

There are many other considerations ,but I often get the impression that TOO much emphasis is placed on the depth and output considerations over all else...

Even resale value down the road factors into many of my plans...

just food for thought...I have heard size come up as a consideration in discussions here but often it then reverts to the "small-with-highest-output-and-lowest-range" discussion......

------------------

who sells more KLIPSCH than me?!!!