Quintet v5

DLDukes

I’ve owned a set of the original Quintet’s now for 14 years! I’ve really enjoyed them, but it's past time for an update/upgrade. The layout and size restrictions of my room make these speakers a good fit for us. As much as I might want to, I don’t think I can upgrade to larger speakers. I’m thinking about buying the latest Quintet set (v5) minus a subwoofer. I think I’ll stay with my existing ksw10. I’d love to hear from any v5 owners. Also, a question on the v5’s, No Stands? All the pictures I’ve seen don’t show stands and only talk about how easily wall mounted they are. I don’t mount mine, the original stands work perfectly on my book shelves and TV stand. I'm not sure how I'd like them without a similar stand to the originals.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Any issue with the ones you have now? Not sure if it would be much of an upgrade. What about rb-41's rc-42, and some rs-41's? That would be an upgrade and could get that setup for around 700 I think.

No issues, at all, and that is the problem. UpGrade-itus. I currently use an Oppo-83 and am thinking hard about selling it and buying the 103 or 103D. But the little voice in my head says "You should spend your money on speakers next". I've updated/upgraded everything else (at least once) since '00. Thanks for your thoughts. I set my center in the middle of my 5080 (Kuro - similar to your LR setup?) on the TV's stand and don't have but an inch or two before I'm invading PQ heaven (to each, his own). I'd assumed that most other centers will be too big. I will look into the rb, rc, and rs 40's. Should be fun to dream.

Thanks again.

My tv is wall mounted and the rc-64 does not invade pic at all. I purposely mounted it above it. To me a fantastic tv like the kuro deserves a audio experience that is as good. I have personally owned the RF-42ii home theater and it was fantastic. Owned the quintet 4's for a little bit and I can assure you the rf-42ii ht would be an extreme upgrade.

• Moderators

I'm with Scrappy, I don't think it would be that much of a difference, same feeling with the Oppo. Some bookshelf speakers or small towers and the matching center would probably make a big difference, you could maby even use your quintets as rears for now to save money.

Try to get somewhere where you can listen to some reference bookshelf speakers if possible.

If you don't live in an apt maby later build yourself a different sub to help out a little more.

Edited by dtel

Amen to that. The kuro is heaven. If you get bookshelves look into the RB-61. My favorite in the lineup. Front ported allows easy placement and it has the larger horn. The 51 and 41 are very small. 61's and a 62 center would have your sound matching your picture quality. And that's where it's at.