fuses in k-horns

i plan to do exactly that. on a side note, i do recall the cd player skipped when a strong bass beat hit & thats when the fuse blew. wonder if that contributed to the fuse blowing??

I'd say "Yep". You were playing it so loud the CD player skipped? Party on Garth :)

I have blown a couple fuses. 2.5 amp in ALK universals. When they blew I was listening to recordings with very low bass content, lower than the horns can reproduce. With most recordings I can listen at any volume without an issue, but nowadays there is material that can probably damage the speaker and fuses are cheap. Why not use them? I can not hear the difference with or without a fuse on a speaker.

The number of degree days in central Iowa was over 1500 in January in 09, 10, 11, and 14, but 14 is not really any higher than the others. 12, and 13 were really low (both mild winters).

March 13 had 1058 degree days vs 415 in 12. The 12 year average for March has been 843.

That global warming has been hard lately?

Central Iowa and costal Alaska have similar degree days.

what are "degree days?" i agree 12 & 13 were pretty mild winters, but i have lived here for over 30 years & dont recall it being this cold, maybe in the late 80's when i was a youngster & didnt mind so much. but we have broke multiple records for low temps, seriously, -15 at the end of february is ridiculous!

I'd say "Yep". You were playing it so loud the CD player skipped? Party on Garth :)

party on wayne!

yes the cdplayer & rack is located very close to the side of one speaker due to room limitations & its basically a temporary set up right now. the k-horns were a spur of the moment impulse purchase & i broke out my stored seperates to hook up to them. so for now the player is too close for comfort, but never had a problem untill this happened. it was paul simons "diamonds on the soles of her shoes" off graceland cd. the cd is on its last leg being almost 15 years old & lived in my car for a few years.

I have blown a couple fuses. 2.5 amp in ALK universals. When they blew I was listening to recordings with very low bass content, lower than the horns can reproduce. With most recordings I can listen at any volume without an issue, but nowadays there is material that can probably damage the speaker and fuses are cheap. Why not use them? I can not hear the difference with or without a fuse on a speaker.

i plan to use them, & am sure there is little to no audible difference with the fuses. klipsch used them for a reason on the ak-2 & 3 x-overs. probably because of the increased low freq in music during the late 80's & 90's... you know... c-RAP!

"what are "degree days?" i agree 12 & 13 were pretty mild winters, but i have lived here for over 30 years & dont recall it being this cold, maybe in the late 80's when i was a youngster & didnt mind so much. but we have broke multiple records for low temps, seriously, -15 at the end of february is ridiculous! "

Except for about three years I have lived in Iowa for my entire life (60 years).

Weather changes, we got about 30% more rain in the 60's than the 100 year average. In April 73 we got 14" of snow, in Feb 75 I bought a motorcycle and rode it straight through to Nov, no snow after the middle of Feb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heating_degree_day

Edited by djk

"what are "degree days?" i agree 12 & 13 were pretty mild winters, but i have lived here for over 30 years & dont recall it being this cold, maybe in the late 80's when i was a youngster & didnt mind so much. but we have broke multiple records for low temps, seriously, -15 at the end of february is ridiculous! "

Except for about three years I have lived in Iowa for my entire life (60 years).

Weather changes, we got about 30% more rain in the 60's than the 100 year average. In April 73 we got 14" of snow, in Feb 75 I bought a motorcycle and rode it straight through to Nov, no snow after the middle of Feb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heating_degree_day

i agree weather changes, & goes in cycles etc, & there are 100 year floods. this winter has been pretty bad though, never heard "polar vortex" used so much untill this year. my driveway has heaved & cracked that it has never done in 10+ years. people in some towns have lost water due to major pipe freezes. although i also remember riding my motorcycle in december in 98 or 99, i usually drive my firebirds untill it snows, into mid december the last 3-4 years.

A regards the fuse, a small cap in parallel ith the fuse holder will clean up the sound a bit, a 0.1µFfilm type please.

for the woofers or the mid tweets?