Is Cary Audio a good match for RF-83?

Berglid

i feel that i've dont got as much bass at both lower and higher volumes.

This sounds like a Fletcher-Munson type thing, not an amp thing. You can spend as much as you can afford on an amp and it won't address this particular problem.

The Cary is a re-badged $1700 ATI, fyi. Again, you can't go wrong with the Halo or Cary (or ATI equivalent); they're all superb amps that you likely couldn't tell apart using just your ears, but none of them will impart an equal loudness curve or fix your room issues.

Okey, but do you not think that a parasound/cary amplifier will be an noticable upgrade from what i've got now?

Going to move the speakers to another room once that is available, so I'm hoping that would make it better. But I think the room might be to small.. 4.5x4.5 meters.

IMO, it would only be a noticeable upgrade if you regularly exceed your present amp's capability. The only thing that would lead me to believe that is happening are the three woofs of the RF-83. That sort of approach typically results in a low impedance load, potentially amp-sucker style. It's very possible that between low impedance and compounding phase angles that the load presented is too much for your present amp, at least when you want to push it. Clipping will manifest as strident sound with relatively weak bass, so if that's what your hearing during moderately loud listening sessions, more power is the answer. Unclipped power will sound effortless and clear in comparison, sans any tonal shift. It will also allow you to listen louder without objection, so be cautious with your hearing!

Let us know your impressions of the Halo when you pick it up.

So i've managed to rule out the Cary amplifiers, mainly because of its price, and also since i havent seen anyone that have them on the reference series. I have also got a deal on the parasound amplifiers, and i get them for 4000 USD now, 2000 cheaper. So i'm fairly certain that i'm going to choose parasound.

But i was wondering if anyone know how it would compare against Primare A32, or an Marantz amplifier?

I don't think there is a clear winner as far as the SS amps go. If there was a reasonably priced amp that stood out among the majority the masses would only choose it. All the names are good you mentioned. For the money you are spending, how about looking at a used 2 channel McIntosh amp? At least you can get your money back on it. The same goes for Tube amps. Have you checked on buying something from the US and having it shipped or did someone already mention that?

I don't think there is a clear winner as far as the SS amps go. If there was a reasonably priced amp that stood out among the majority the masses would only choose it. All the names are good you mentioned. For the money you are spending, how about looking at a used 2 channel McIntosh amp? At least you can get your money back on it. The same goes for Tube amps. Have you checked on buying something from the US and having it shipped or did someone already mention that?

Okey. I have considered McIntosh aswell, the Mc275 for example. but these, and other amplifiers i've looked at, dont show up often on the used market here. I've also considered to import, but the total price will then be almost double, but still maybe around 1000 usd cheaper with these amplifiers. So for the simplisity, faster arrival and the warranty and service i get, i think i will buy it here :)

Edited by Berglid

Okey. I have considered McIntosh aswell, the Mc275 for example. but these, and other amplifiers i've looked at, dont show up often on the used market here. I've also considered to import, but the total price will then be almost double, but still maybe around 1000 usd cheaper with these amplifiers. So for the simplisity, faster arrival and the warranty and service i get, i think i will buy it here :)

Buy a QSC PLX amp, used if you can find one, and try it for a while. If I does what you want, then go get a high dollar amp for a very marginal improvmenet over the QSC.