6B4G for personal use.

justinsweber

Not sure if I posted pics. We had a few orders which meant I didn't have a base to use until we did a new batch.

Now we have African Mahogany, Sapele, and Walnut. I think Walnut mates very well with my black plinth :-).

2 chokes employed, and crazy big power supply. I didn't want to pay full bill for tubes and let my fingers do the walking with ebay. for the price of 1 pair of new tubes, I got 2 pairs of NOS tubes more than 50 years old and testing new.

Power tubes are Tungsol, driver is a Tungsol 6SU7.... very special out of my stash!!!! and a GE mil spec rectifier. Everything is measuring 140 :-). The 3watts for DHT/ SET goodness is straps to a cornscala cab with Daves sp. Ed. ply horns and ALK APT12-500 B&C DE85TN for 2way good times. Detailed but relaxed presentation.

gallery_36992_76_675011.jpg

gallery_36992_76_344122.jpg
gallery_36992_76_98359.jpg
gallery_36992_76_154187.jpg
gallery_36992_76_81754.jpg

Though the 6b4g is lovely it's not the fav. I am in the process of building my over specd 1626/darling/Kenzie. I actually believe .75watts is enough for daily use. My last Kenzie amp was used more often then my mc275 and this it left to a new home.

Edited by justinsweber
  • Like 1

Thanx for the kind words... Its funny. I was putting in place last night and hated how I had 2 sets of speaker wire run so I went to town with sticky pads and zip ties... Now I gained back some of my closet spaced. The 2nd room is a modified super simple pre (Happy to share vendor of PCB if asked). and my Dynaco ST-35 in a larger chassis paired with Dave's coxials.... (Love those speakers). The 6B4G PCB is from Shannon Sparks.... wonderful config those like all things tweaked. (I went 6B4G as I like low power SET and NOS tubes I can afford!). The 6B4G is going into 2 way cornscalas. Im in the process of building a Kenzie/darling for myself as well (.75watt output into 5k 10watt iron). On the bench this amps just sings... Im debating whether to give in and put all iron up to... added cost but many prefer. I want with monster iron as I was given it as a gift from my wife... (Feb 14 yielded 2 pair of 5K Non-UL iron). God bless the ability to pick your own gifts :-).