AC power cords

Hornmiester

I am wondering if ac poser cords for tube amps make a difference worth the cost. I have a fairly old tube amp (t has been upgraded recently by the manufacturer) and I am wondering what benefit a high end power cord would make. I have no power hum or other noise. In fact the amp is almost black quiet.

I have not heard Poser cords but in my own experience a cable can make an amazing differences if it is a great cord or it can take away from the experience if it is a poor one. There are more bad ones out there than there are good ones. You can listen to some and see what you think yourself. Best regards Moray James.

I have experienced incremental (not dramatic) improvements in sound upgrading interconnects and speaker cable, but not with my one experiment at upgrading a power cord. Guess mileage varies a lot and you'll have to experiement. Keep watching this thread... a can of worms may be open!!

As long as the gauge of wire is heavy enough for the task i would not worry about it.

Think of all the feet of 14 gauge solid copper wire running your homes circuits let alone whats feeding it.

The last 6 feet or so you run from the outlet to your amp should make no difference.

I wired a guys entire house in 12 gauge wire because he insisted on having it, this was to all the standard 15 amp standard circuit of course.

Nothing wrong with going up one gauge of wire but it just was not needed. Im sure the man's refrigerator or microvave worked no better with it.