Looking for Heresy II cabinets

Vintagespeakerguy

I'm looking for a pair of Heresy II cabinets. I would settle for one if that all I can get. I got a heck of a deal today on a pair of Klipsch Heresy II speakers. I picked them up for thirty buck! Yeah, I said thirty bucks. I still can believe it. The only problem is that one of the cabinets has some water damage to the bottom. Other then that the speakers sound awesome. I took them straight home and replaced my design acoustics PS-10a's with them. If I can't find cabinets I was wondering if it would effect the quality of the sound if I built my own cabinets and the veneered them with curly maple that I have already? Any tips or leads would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I couldn't believe it when I seen them. I found them on a yard sale site for our little town. A lady that owns a little resale shop post stuff in there all the time. I seen them and message her to see what brand they were because the picture was really bad. She said she didn't know but they were old and heavy. I told her I would come In today and test them to see if I wanted them. I didn't even bother to test them when I seen what they were. I could give her my credit card fast enough. Lol

• Like 1

Those don't look to be in bad shape at all.

Yours were made in 1988. You can see the dating format here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ivol/klipsch_cornwall/klipsch_date_codes.htm

If you decide to build new cabinets, we can post the dimensions for the Klipsch Tangent 400. It uses the exact same parts as the Heresy, but is taller and ported. You will get lower and more solid bass from them in the Tangent sized cab. It will also raise the mid horn and tweeter horn closer to ear level while sitting down, also improving what you hear.

And welcome to the forums!

Bruce

• Like 1

Thanks Marvel. I would love to get the dimensions for that box. I wish these ones were in better shape but the one is hit. I'm pretty good with building and restoring things. I work for an antique shop and we get stuff all the time that needs fixing or rebuilding. I do a lot of wood working to. So I don't think building new cabinets would be all that bad. I just want them to look and sound good.

• Like 1

I would love to get the dimensions for that box.

This is a really busy week, but I will get the dimensions for you. They should be on the forums, but I couldn't find them, I'll get back to my friends and measure his again. You can trace the cutouts off the present baffles to make a router template.

I'll start a new thread in Technical/Modifications

Bruce

Edited by Marvel