RC-3 price question

Tom Adams

I kinda hate to ask this question, but what the heck....

Would any of you RC-3 owners care to divuldge what price you paid? I know what the MSRP is and in the past my saleman has been nice enough to ask, "What kinda price have you seen people paying for such & such?". While he's never matched a mail order price, he's been damn close.

TIA

Tom Adams

tom, i paid the full 350 for mine (before I knew of this board frown.gif still seems like a great value at that but lower's even better. biggrin.gif

that is conditional on it not being the cause of the crackling noise i'm getting on some voices w/ dvd & dig cable movies. still need to get around to testing that biggrin.gif

Tom, mine was delivered to me for $279 fully warranteed. That was over a year ago. My local dealer was $350 all the way, but as the salesman said they had some nice Paradigm centers I could look at. Seeing as how I knew more than the salesman, I declined his offer. I guess I am just going to have to move to a Klipsch friendly city.

JT

Hey Boa,

That crackling noise of yours might have to do with terminating all the AC to one common ground. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, and solved it by having all my components home to a single Panamax surge protector. I previously had two smaller Panamax strip style protectors hooked into two separate AC outlets (big no-no if you want to prevent ground loops). The minute I made the change, the crackling went away.

Hope this helps,

Colin