before and after graphs of horns

The Dude

Does anyone have any before and after graphs of horns they have in their system, I was thinking if I saw what the graph looked like before and after pequing it would help me learn a little about equing and horn. Horns I would like to see are the mighty K402, JLB 2630, and maybe the EV hp 640 or 940, I think there is a large EV horn as well 9040. Or anything really, I just want to see how peaks and lows react to peq filters rather peak, or low shelf, etc.

Thanks

post-20774-0-14460000-1398987248_thumb.j

The smoother one is the K-402. The other is JBL's own 2360A both JBL 2446J driver.

Does anyone have any before and after graphs of horns they have in their system, I was thinking if I saw what the graph looked like before and after pequing it would help me learn a little about equing and horn. Horns I would like to see are the mighty K402, JLB 2630, and maybe the EV hp 640 or 940, I think there is a large EV horn as well 9040. Or anything really, I just want to see how peaks and lows react to peq filters rather peak, or low shelf, etc.

Thanks

Is that with or with out peq settings, if without the K402 clearly looks better. I could see why so many like it.

No EQ of any kind. Straight from the mouth from a frequency sweep. Like it AND own it!

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Why does my reading look thicker or not so much just a line. This is the EV hp 640 with the Faital PRO HF-200

My testing is center of the horn at one meter. You are not using any smoothing, so you will not get a line. The driver used on the horn makes a lot of difference. A K-69 has a much rougher raw curve than the Faital HF200 on the K-402 horn.