How Many Here Use a VPI TT

jcmusic

10.125in = 257.17mm is what I get , but after reading up on this I guess they say 258mm for the classic setup

If you round up you get 258mm and probably is the correct number!!!

As I stated previously it is in fact 258mm according to VPI.

Quote( I sent Jay in the direction of the MintLP and I believe him to be very happy.)

Indeed Jordan thanks again even my backup cartridge sounds like it has never before, can't wait to get the Dyna back!!!

Jay

Glad it worked out well Jay!

Get back to Yip with this info it is very important!!! I told you it was 258mm, LOL!!!

Jay

Me too, hehehe! Usually I remove the tonearm(which is best I feel for mounting distance) and measure right to the tip of the Unipivot/needle bearing to the center of the spindle. Just makes it easier and more precise.

Edited by jorjen

Just placed an order for a 24x19x3 isolation platform , I should see it in a couple weeks :) These new footers are also a nice upgrade more stable then the stock ones

http://edensoundaudio.com/

TerraCone Hybrid Correct? Been thinking about these for my Scoutmaster. Did you get the TerraStone platform?

Edited by jorjen

Just placed an order for a 24x19x3 isolation platform , I should see it in a couple weeks :) These new footers are also a nice upgrade more stable then the stock ones

http://edensoundaudio.com/

TerraCone Hybrid Correct? Been thinking about these for my Scoutmaster. Did you get the TerraStone platform?

TerraCone Correct Just call Dan when your ready he's a great guy http://www.timbernation.com/black.cfm is the platform I bought

Edited by A1UC

Ok got my Dyna 20x back from repair, spent all day yesterday on TT maintenance and aligning the 20x. Boy what a difference the Mint tractor has made to the sound quality!!! I thought it really sounded good before, it is just awesome now. More bass and a better overall presentation of the music, this was really worth the effort. It is alot of work very time consuming and tedius but, the results are just outstanding!!!

Ok got my Dyna 20x back from repair, spent all day yesterday on TT maintenance and aligning the 20x. Boy what a difference the Mint tractor has made to the sound quality!!! I thought it really sounded good before, it is just awesome now. More bass and a better overall presentation of the music, this was really worth the effort. It is alot of work very time consuming and tedius but, the results are just outstanding!!!

Yip puts out a great product in the Mint. Nothing more accurate in this geometry that I am aware of. Super guy too! Glad it came together for you Jay.