Couldn't put this in the "What I Got Today" thread yet but...

Mighty Favog

I was just a little giddy anyway. One of the first pieces of audio gear I can remember us messing with was a reel to reel portable tape recorder (and thinking the ones on Mission Impossible were soooo cool). We would laugh our heads off making a recording and laughing on it on the slower speed and playing it back at the faster. We would also dangle the microphone over the speaker while recording to make a kind of computer sound (feedback).

So yesterday I was curious what some of the better R2R tape machines looked like from the 50's or 60's. And then it jumped out at me, the same one we used to play with (and cheap too). I didn't care that it doesn't work because there is a shop about 15 miles from my house where I could probably get a belt. Actually I could use two belts, one for a 70's cassette boom box I bought last year.

Thankfully it comes with two reels, wouldn't mind having a couple more. Anyone know of any sources for tape? I'm not sure yet what size they are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111327678917

post-3464-0-08860000-1400159015_thumb.jp

Edited by Mighty Favog