New Ballasts - Noisy Radio and/or Bad FM Reception. RFI?

Jerry my barber, got new ballasts. Noise in radio and reception goes to hell when lights are on. Fine when off.

Maybe just noise. RFI? Good source for RFI filter?

If that's what is needed, Jerry found one for $29.99. Should be able to find one for less?

Thanks in advance.

In the past I have had success with this type:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012599

I have used 2 or more in series with decent results as recall.

Of course, there is the type I have also used for direct wall plugin with ac receptacle for plugging into.

Cannot find one tonight(probably me) but, they can be had for half that price of $29 and more.

Hope it is not more serious:

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/print/troubleshooting_radio_frequency_interference_rfi_problems_in_your_sound_sys

:Good hunting!

BTW, what is being used for a fm antenna? Thanks

Edited by billybob

That is a good idea. I looked on amazon and found some but they were too small. Need to send them back and get larger ones. One of the amps should be back this week or next week from VAC. We will see what happens.

I am not using a FM antenna. I think it was problems with the amps. I need to be careful about who I buy things from. These came from AudiogoN

Thanks

Edited by eth2

That is a good idea. I looked on amazon and found some but they were too small. Need to send them back and get larger ones. One of the amps should be back this week or next week from VAC. We will see what happens.

I am not using a FM antenna. I think it was problems with the amps. I need to be careful about who I buy things from. These came from AudiogoN

Thanks

Sorry. Got confused as to which I was answering. Yes, it was a response to the PM.

Jerry's radio is just a cheap throw away am/fm cd and maybe cassette stereo. Not sure what the brand is. Just a standard stick antenna. He's deaf in one ear and isn't overly concerned with sound quality. Just something to listen to.

Thanks for the info.

Ben