Hi again (long Time)

Alain C

Well, It's been a long time since I have posted. but that Doesn't mean I have not been here. I just prefere to watch from a distance. last year i bought an svs pb12nsd sub that you guys suggested, which fit like a glove. I have had one solid year of a killer home theater experience. and thanx too all that helped me decide.

I have a chance to buy a pair of rf7ii and i think i will pull the trigger. now for the real question. I have 2 klf20 that i might sell. What is a good going price, or what would the propper center channel be and is it a good trade (klfs20 for propper center channel) new? used$ thats where I need Help. I will have to do a little bit at a time. I will be broke after I buy the rf7ii. Oh I forget to say I have clf c7 so I won't slumming too bad.

Thanx. again, Alain

Well, It's been a long time since I have posted. but that Doesn't mean I have not been here. I just prefere to watch from a distance. last year i bought an svs pb12nsd sub that you guys suggested, which fit like a glove. I have had one solid year of a killer home theater experience. and thanx too all that helped me decide.

I have a chance to buy a pair of rf7ii and i think i will pull the trigger. now for the real question. I have 2 klf20 that i might sell. What is a good going price, or what would the propper center channel be and is it a good trade (klfs20 for propper center channel) new? used$ thats where I need Help. I will have to do a little bit at a time. I will be broke after I buy the rf7ii. Oh I forget to say I have clf c7 so I won't slumming too bad.

Thanx. again, Alain

If it were me I would keep the KLF20 and upgrade them to all Titanium horn diaphragms and replace the caps in the crossover with new one. Larger mid horn in the KLF20 and close to one octave lower crossover point from the woofers to the mid in the KLF20 compared to the RF7 ll. KLF20 is excellent match to the C7 centre install a ti diaphragm in that to and you will have a fine sounding system. Just my two cents. Best regards Moray James.

thanx for the reply Youthman, I think 600 sounds about right. how did you search the whole us on craigslist. Im not going to sell fast. mabey I will sell the 20's and the 7 together when I have saved a little so I can get the proper center for the rf7iis. I just want to do it right the first time. I will keep my eye out for used in the garage sale forum.

Moray thanx for your reply I will consider what you said. Where do I find these caps and diaphragms? Will I have a better speaker than the rf7ii when i am done? Will I hurt resale after? Are there plans to download somewhere? Surgery would have to be done in my living room, I live in a town house. If the mod does not cost too much mabey I will Keep both.

see you guys later Alain

Moray thanx for your reply I will consider what you said. Where do I find these caps and diaphragms? Will I have a better speaker than the rf7ii when i am done? Will I hurt resale after? Are there plans to download somewhere? Surgery would have to be done in my living room, I live in a town house. If the mod does not cost too much mabey I will Keep both. see you guys later Alain

Titanium tweeter diaphragms from Bob Crites ti mids from Klipsch. Bob can also sell you cap kits if you are handy with an electronics soldering iron or rebuild your networks for you if you would rather. Will cost a whole lot less than a pair of RF7 ll. Diaphragms pop out pop in less than an hour to do all four horns. Best regards Moray James.

• Moderators
There are several CL search engines out there:

That is true but what you forgot to mention to him is I am a moderator of Craigslist so all listings must come through me (how do you think I scored all of my Klipsch finds). :P

Yes, I used www.searchtempest.com to search CL nationwide.

My advice is to take your time, listen to as many Klipsch speakers and setups as you can and make a decision on what direction you want to go with your setup. Too often people upgrade a "little at a time" and end up spending way more money in the long run because they upgrade slightly, and everytime they sell the item they are upgrading from, they lose money. If you decide up front what your goals are, then you can spend the rest of your time looking for good deals (whether used or new) and saving up the cash to buy them. Also, don't think you have to build it all at once. Most of us have acquired our setups over a period of time. I started my journey back in January of 2008 when I purchased my first Klipsch setup. I picked up a used pair of CF-2's, a KV-3 and a Velodyne F1500 for $250. I was immediately hooked on Klipsch and the rest is history.