Klipsch "stick on" feet for bookshelves.

tom white

OK, does anyone actually use those packaged little rubber feet that come with the bookshelf speakers?

Are they just supposed to protect the finish on the bottoms of the speakers or what?

Full disclosure: I'm not a believer in speaker tweaks, so if the are supposed to lessen resonance or something I may need convincing.

• Moderators

I would think your first thought was correct but that's just a guess on my part.

I put them on some RB-75's, but to tell the truth if they get moved a lot they usually fall off, well some of mine did.

I doubt it makes any difference in sound.

Welcome

• Like 1

My understanding is that it's for stability of the speaker, same as the feet on floor speakers. Vibrations can cause the speaker to move and therefore it could cause it to move closer to danger (falling off a shelf) or move it into a different direction pointing away from the soundfield.

Edited by IbizaFlame

The soft rubber keeps them from vibrating objects on a shelf, as well as from vibrating OFF the shelf. In the case of the little molded plastic KSB1.1, there are two sizes of footies, putting them on assures level placement of the slightly angled cabinet sides.