Tube amp guys... GIH

Schu

I've got one of the Magnavox 9304-20's that came from a console. EL84 tubes, 6EU7 pre drivers, updated caps and resistors all around, IEC power plug, RCA jacks, speaker outs, and a switch of course. I'm about to buy some replacement Sovtek tubes all the way around and I'll be done most likely. It's a great sounding amp for the money I've got in it and sounds really good on the CF-3's. Finding one that's already done just takes some research to find one done decently. But, they are quite nice for the money.

Aside from the price, I'd be concerned about those top mounted bias adjustment pots, particularly since they have knobs. There's too much risk of the setting getting altered when dusting the amps (don't we all do that??? :D ). Those pots should have been recessed, and of the screwdriver adjustment type, to avoid any potential issues.

Maynard

Maynard we think alike.....did I just say that ;) the first thing I thought when I looked at the wiring and realized those were bias controls......I thought why the heck did the guy put knobs on them?...that's just asking some curious george to turn them or like you suggest get bumped. I'd be changing those out pronto if it was mine.