Replacement eligibility?

penguinox

I currently own a pair of Klipsch s4's that I've owned for around 5 months and I'm just checking if my problem is an eligible reason to receive replacements before I go try calling customer support. Recently the audio jack/plug for my earphones has quit working, I know the problem's in the audio jack because the sound only comes clearly when I push on it slightly. This happened on my last pair but I didn't bother trying to replace them last time. I'm certain that this is not from misuse. Also, my other problem is that I don't have the original packaging the earphones came with anymore, does this mean that they'll be refused for replacement? Thanks.

Edited by penguinox

Hey,

It sucks your s4 stopped working. I've had that happened to me twice. They are really good soundwise but quality isn't so good.

You should be eligible for a replacement if you bought them from a legit seller. You only need to send the head phones back(without the silicon buds). As of what they'll send back, ymmb. The first time I claimed warranty, they sent me new headphones. The second time, I was sent an unopened new retail box.

Goodluck.

Hey,

It sucks your s4 stopped working. I've had that happened to me twice. They are really good soundwise but quality isn't so good.

You should be eligible for a replacement if you bought them from a legit seller. You only need to send the head phones back(without the silicon buds). As of what they'll send back, ymmb. The first time I claimed warranty, they sent me new headphones. The second time, I was sent an unopened new retail box.

Goodluck.

So if I bought them from amazon, the package it came with is not needed?

There are some that are rated as more durable, but really the only difference is the insulation. I promise you, it can be true. Klipsch has the S4's in a durable design as well, that may be to your liking. Personally, I find earbuds to be extremely limited in build quality and sound quality regardless of who manufactures them. I understand the convenience, but they're just not for me.

At any rate, as long as you have a receipt or are able to track down who on Amazon you purchased the earphones from, you'll be fine so long as they were authorized.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately a pair of in-ears is like a pair of socks. One day you take your foot out of your shoe and they have a hole in them. Please call us, the guys in support will be glad to help.

I've had even the most expensive pairs fail. There's no magical method to building bullet proof strain reliefs or headphones that are impossible to plug with ear gunk. Of course we've significantly improved our standards over the years and our in-ears have one of the lowest defective rates in the industry, but I would be lying if I said I hadn't broken a set or two of X11i's.

I have a pair of Image One's that I purchased on Amazon ~8 months ago which have had this issue since they were delivered. It initially wasn't a problem as the device I used them on 99% of the time they worked fine on.. but my laptop, desktop, and my new phone all have the same problem - they do NOT connect properly if I plug them all the way in to ANY of these devices. I have to pull the plug out slightly which is incredibly difficult in order to hear any bass and not have everything incredibly tinny (or sound like it's far away in some cave). It seems this is a regular problem with Klipsch headphones in general and I'm hoping that this issue can be resolved.