RP-5's in New Orleans

The History Kid

No affiliation:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RP-5-Tower-Speakers-/181498806615?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item2a422c0157

Guy doesn't have any pictures of them posted, but if they're in decent shape at all it could be a deal. Obviously it's bidding so the price is bound to go up, but I haven't seen many get posted.

My thoughts exactly Matt! I've been obsessed with them myself since I discovered them shortly after I was gifted my RF-3's. No place in town ever had any of these but my curiosity is peaked at them. I've only seen these on eBay a couple of times since my search began in '06 and never have found any on CL. Makes me wonder a little why the RP's didn't continue to be made in any capacity, whether it's just because they didn't sell well or because there wasn't a high profit from them.

The only thing I can say about the pro media systems is that it's likely due to where they're built.  I have a Promedia setup, and it can't hold a candle to any of my setups at home.  The controller is shotty, and the woofer is touchy - however...it sounds many times better than anything else I've had access to for easy-to-move speakers.

As for subs, I've heard a few bad things, but many good things - particularly the old RSW 10's, 12's, and 15's (amazing subs).  Likewise I have heard a few of the SW subs and not liked what I heard - personally.  But I'd chalk that up to again, where they're built.

Just wanted to try and alleviate some of your unwarranted trust issues with Klipsch and their products that were and are manufactured in China.

I know the older Reference line was made in the US, I've owned many in the past. Just saying that the Reference II line is just as good if not better than the old Reference line.

I don't have trust issues with current Klipsch products.  I currently own RS-42 II's, and RC-52 II and RSX-4's.  My trust issues lie with the fact that I personally find more security in a product manufactured state side, in addition to the fact that Promedia setups tend to have the most issues of almost any Klipsch product.  I'm not saying they're bad, but I am saying they're not built like the rest of the products that are manufactured. 

I'd also like to add that the remark was in direction towards amplified speakers.

Simply because someone has trust issues with a foreign product does not make their trust issues unwarranted.

Edited by IbizaFlame

In the case of the ProMedia's, they're built and manufactured in China.  That's a long way from home - and I don't exactly trust the quality of a product assembled in China - parts in US or not.

This was the quote I was responding to. 

Thanks for clarifying about amplified speakers though. I am not a fan of the Klipsch amplified speakers either and I had a pair of these RP-5's (a long time ago) with no issues but I prefer separate subs.