Tube doldrum

Purchased a scotlk 72b on ebay recently and was very pleased with last secound snipe. after listening to various method in approaching this type of bidding.was rather pleased when ups came knocking on my door bloody well woke me up. signed and with critical scanning package was in good condition, opened and there it was. nice looking and quite weighty.quickely disconnected my dewald,this was my firstand was growing quite fond of her.she had nice mids ∧ heighs but was alittle lackingin the bass area,so here come mr scott.he came well spoken of,and of a family thats not to be tampered with.Iherd that they kicked echo's ***. This is mr 5791, 35 watts in each channel with room for my center channel later. Hooked up the 78 cornwalls and cd loaded with ben webster plug it in and there was the sound so dam freighting my daughter shouted dad you alright, **** sparked quickly retracted plug shouted daanggg.composed my self and with a quick check saw that the unit was in the on position,turned it off and went for it again, so far so good turned it on then sloowly light came on.this is good turn volume up a little---nooo hum>>> dammm.ok gone this far cd on sounds like cra// man this sucks. sent email to seller yesturday no reply as yet.scott is in the box.sighhhhh.i'm trumatised. Q the selector switch has three positions extra, tuner, phono. iwas hooked to extra using the cd and by changing to aNY OF THE OTHER POSITION THE low volume was still audable is this normal for this type of unit. iam not sure if this will come up. craig i do reliase you are busy and will be making prep for those la-sh,but if you could give any feedback,iwould appreciate it , also any who has this type of amp. http:llcgi.ebay.com/ws/ebay/sapldd?viewitem.&item=1363306522&ed=102592476&sspagename=ADME:B:EOA.us:2cwm36.gif

Mdeneen its just difficult to take when you purchase an item and every thing is suppose to be thuroghly gone over, all i dotted &ts cross to find that as it is unvale desaster strikes.then find your self deign sucked into audio hell. d'nt even get a one nighter,how fickle can tube be.i'm hoping that there will be a responce from seller,to see if he will have amp return for his evulation or if i can find some one local take a look at it. the cornwalls had an energy that makes you shiver,my acurus is a really fine amp but tube has a mellowness that pulls at you.lord help meeeeeee. cwm36.gif

When u buy something that all you take your chances. It could have gotten knocked around in shipping or it wasn't properly updated. Ebay has fraud protection. Perhps you can recoup some of your money there. Email Bill at archangele666@cox.net He's a tube head and repairs tube amps. He's very good.

------------------

My Klipsch Page

www.nyonline.com/klipsch

Thank's to all for your suggestion ,

after e-maling the seller he requested that i return the amp and he would have his tech fix, what he belives to be cap,right now i'm unable to recall which one it was.He will also re-imburse the cost of shopping he should get it fri or sat. just hoping all will be well this time around.cwm34.gif

@Silverfox@:

I just sold an AMC preamp that I have had for about 4 months. Shipped FedEx back east. Double boxed Really well! It arrived to the buyer in good shape.

He almost immediately emailed me saying the unit was 9 years old and it was a different model than I sold him.

I emailed back that it was indeed the correct model and only 4 moths ond. Well, he called the factory and they confirmed I was correct.

Then, he plugs it in, hears a hum, so off he goes again with the Emails and this time he calls the factory. He wants me to get it fixed, and of course, I want to help and offer to do so, AFTER he has checked all his interconnects AND checked the tubes.

Of course, it turns out that in transit, one of the tubes had become a little unseated, and amazingly, the hum went away and it now works as well as it ever did, or ever will. He is very happy!

Morale: take the time to check everything you can under the hood first. Sending it back should be the LAST resort if at all possible.

Jobman

------------------

Chorus II's

Wright Sound 3.5 - 2A3 Monoblocks

Wright WPL-20 PreAmp

Jolida 602A Tube CD

Thorens TD-165

Silverline Speaker Cables

Various Monster, Rat Shack Interconnects.

Forte II's for Surrounds