Receiver for my RF-82II speakers

videoluvr

Can anyone recommend a good receiver for my speakers?Im running an old onkyo amp with 68 watts per channel and I have an eq with it and it just doesn't sound very good.The amp is 40 years old or so and has had repairs in the past to fix a bad channel.It was only fixed and that's it.My buddy has a cheapo teac receiver and a pair of old AR speakers and his sound great.Im wondering if I made a mistake buying the speakers.I was going to buy cerwin vega before deciding on these.

• Like 1

Videoluvr,

Welcome to the forum, well kind of.  It looks like you have been around a couple of years.

Can anyone recommend a good receiver for my speakers?Im running an old onkyo amp with 68 watts per channel and I have an eq with it and it just doesn't sound very good.The amp is 40 years old or so and has had repairs in the past to fix a bad channel.It was only fixed and that's it.

Are we talking a receiver for 2-channel use and not for home theater(multichannel)?

What is your budget?

Will this system be for critical listening?

Bill 

• Like 1