VINTAGE Sherwood HP-2000

Matthews

So this vintage integrated fell into my hands.  I did some testing.  Using my Rotel disc player and a pair of quintets I found the unit to be less than desirable.

The right channel sounds very good.  Full sound and no real noticeable crackling (for lack of a better term).  The right channel meter seems to be stuck however.

The left channel has sound but not good.  At first there was nothing coming from the left.  After switching selectors back and forth and adjusting the volume the channel came on (with some crackling).  The meter also went into action.  I did not want to damage my speakers so no further testing was done. 

I used two inputs for testing.  AUX 1 and AUX 2 with the same results from both. Unit is quite clean considering it age.

*Is there any value or interest in this unit?*

20140830_174421_zpsog7nrtro.jpg?14094395

20140830_174447_zps3asf36hn.jpg?14094395

20140830_174559_zpsruw3c5vf.jpg?14094395

Edited by Matthews

The HP 2000 must have been the current "flagship" model, rated at 120 wpc.  I found a "sold" listing for an HP 1000 (60 wpc) that was sold for parts at $150 +shipping.  There must surely be some kind of value in my unit?  This thing is BEAST however and shipping is going to be brutal on the wallet.  My bathroom scale measured 44 pounds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251624921307?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...