poer for heresy and lascala

ldemeo

You do realize of course that you can drive your speakers to ear splitting levels with the input power equivalent of a chipmunk spinning a wheel in a glass cage.... :emotion-19:   Seriously.....

Seriously though....you don't need much at all.  Go for a high quality tube amp (as made by our friend Justin Weber at ampsandsound.com), and you will be a very, very happy man.

Idemeo,

Welcome to the forum.

Hi.Looking for opinions regarding 2 channel amp,power or integrated for my heresy's and lascalas.

Together or separate 2-channel rigs?

Since your budget is much higher than I would be able to spend, consider these options.

NAD C375BEE/DAC, NAD 390DD, Or NAD M2 for the Heresys and as mentioned, a high quality tube amp for the LaScalas.

Bill

Guest Steven1963

Are you planning on hooking up all 4 speakers to the amp?  Or are you asking about 2 separate amps for each set of speakers.  The reason I ask is because the Parasound you mention is strictly two channel and you wouldn't be able to hook up 4 speakers to it. That, and it's wattage output is much, much higher than either of those speakers can handle as a set. So the extra power you are paying for would be wasted.  

And, what are your decibel preferences?  And do you need/want a surround sound system or just 2 channel as you described?  The reason I ask that is because the pre-amp you chose is HT. 

We'd love to help, but more information is needed.

Idemeo,

Welcome to the forum.

Hi.Looking for opinions regarding 2 channel amp,power or integrated for my heresy's and lascalas.

Since your budget is much higher than I would be able to spend, consider these options.

NAD C375BEE/DAC, NAD 390DD, Or NAD M2 for the Heresys and as mentioned, a high quality tube amp for the LaScalas.

Bill

Hey Bill.From the looks of things your audio budget was/is pretty hefty.I am living in the north at present in employer supplied housing{1 bdrm apt} so no room for my LaScalas.I just purchased the Heresy's so just looking to build a two channel system with those for now.Thanks for your input.Cheers.Laurence

Idemeo,

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

Hey Bill.From the looks of things your audio budget was/is pretty hefty.I am living in the north at present in employer supplied housing{1 bdrm apt} so no room for my LaScalas.I just purchased the Heresy's so just looking to build a two channel system with those for now.Thanks for your input.Cheers.Laurence

My gear has been pieced together over the last seven years and I am a c-list bargain junky.

So, what is your budget?  You mentioned Parasound Halo, Bryston, and Simaudio so I assumed you have a little more $$$ than the average Joe for gear.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Are you planning on hooking up all 4 speakers to the amp?  Or are you asking about 2 separate amps for each set of speakers.  The reason I ask is because the Parasound you mention is strictly two channel and you wouldn't be able to hook up 4 speakers to it. That, and it's wattage output is much, much higher than either of those speakers can handle as a set. So the extra power you are paying for would be wasted.  

And, what are your decibel preferences?  And do you need/want a surround sound system or just 2 channel as you described?  The reason I ask that is because the pre-amp you chose is HT. 

We'd love to help, but more information is needed.

Please read my response to Bill.I realize that both Klipsch speaker pairs I own are very efficient and don't need 250 watts/channel.I am looking at buying a larger amp in the hopes that It will be the last amp have to buy no matter my power needs now or down the road.Looking at the Parasound as it seems to be an excellent amp that has a  relatively reasonable price and also the first 10 watts are class A power.Now I am going strictly on research and reviews both from audio reviewers and consumers.I live in the Yukon in northern Canada and there are no high end audio shops where I can audition audio gear.I am going south for a few weeks starting next week so I plan to hit several shops and find the right gear which I hope will include; amp/pre amp or int.amp,cd player and turn table also cables and all the goodies.(can hardly wait)Thanks for your and everyone else's feedback.Keep it coming.Cheers.Laurence

Idemeo,

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

My gear has been pieced together over the last seven years and I am a c-list bargain junky.

So, what is your budget?  You mentioned Parasound Halo, Bryston, and Simaudio so I assumed you have a little more $$$ than the average Joe for gear.

Bill

I figure 6-8k including power,cd,turntable ,cables etc.I too love a bargain and have been checking out Canuckaudio mart.I have no problem buying used and there are some good deals to be had also the less I spend the happier my wife and therefore I will be.I have to admit the choices are somewhat overwhelming.Please read my reply to Steven in this thread.Thanks Bill.Laurence

You do realize of course that you can drive your speakers to ear splitting levels with the input power equivalent of a chipmunk spinning a wheel in a glass cage.... :emotion-19:   Seriously.....

Seriously though....you don't need much at all.  Go for a high quality tube amp (as made by our friend Justin Weber at ampsandsound.com), and you will be a very, very happy man.

Ya I know more power than I need for the Klipsch but who knows my power needs in the future.Do you have contact info for the guy that built your super Heresy's?Thanks