Did I get to excited and buy the wrong Surround Back Speakers?

gqman10

I've had my Reference-3 7.1 surround for about a 2 weeks now. I love them, but was wondering is my rear surround speakers are wrong. I bought the 7.1 Packaged deal from Tweeter's that comes with: Denon 3802, pair rf-3II,rc-3II, and 2 Pair of rs-3II. Should the surround back also be rs-3 our should they be another rc-3? I undestand having the RS-3 for Surround L/R because the are 180 degrees field, but should the surround back be? And how much of a difference will it make? Thanks for the info.

Ya, I have wondered the same question myself. I think what I am going to do is go with a single rear and match it up with my existing RC-7.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Does the 3802 have a provision for you to use a single back surround instead of having to use a pair? I presume the back surround channels are mono anyway, so would you just hook up a single rear speaker and leave the seventh channel and amplifier dormant?

------------------

-Me fail English? That's unpossible!

The Denon AVR3802 will allow you to hook up just the one back speaker. All you have to do is hook it up to the left suround back binding posts and then in the speaker setup menu, tell the unit you only have one speaker in the rear. The seventh hookup/amp (right surround back) will then be deactivated and lay dormant.

As to the original post, I am using just the single RC-7 back there. I came to the conclusing after some experimentation and found this to be the best setup for my needs. (One pair of RS-7s for surrounds and a single RC-7 for rear center).

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

I am also looking for a pair of rear surround speakers. I have a RC3, RS3 and RB3 with a Denon 3802. My problem is that they will be hung above a rear wall window and there is only about 7" of wall space above the window. Plus there is the WAF (wife approval factor) to take into consideration, so a smaller cube speaker would be better. Any ideas ?