Guts for Lascala

digjr

I need all of the internal componenets for the Lascala. Woofers, mid-range, tweeters, crossovers, and connecting posts. I would appreciate input on what to use and where to buy these components. Also any tweaks and upgrades on these speakers would be helpful. They (at least one)will be used as center speaker to match my Klipschorns. Thank you for the help, Don

digjr

You should be able to find all the components on Ebay. But it may take time - Be patient. Lots of Woofers and K-77's

The k-400 horn will be the hardest to find. If you need one, I think BigDnfay on this BBS still have one available.

I just ordered three matched ALK crossovers from Al for the front of my HT. He shipped them last Thursday, should get them any day.....

JM

FYI...

When you consider what the recent prices for guts to a LaScala or any other Klipsch speaker have been selling for on eBay and the like lately, it is about the same cost to pick up a raggedy pair of them with good components and just chunk the cabinets.

Just a thought. At least if you had some original cabinets, raggedy or not, you would have something to measure from to firmly establish whether those dimensions in the plans you have are correct or not!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

HDBRbuilder et all

Thanks, it may be the best route. Do you have an opinion of the products on this page? http://www.speakersupply.com/prod03.htm

If you think the tweeters (and all) are acceptable I can modify the top to fit. I am going to call today and talk with them. Thank you

P.S. the bottom cabinets are progressing well. I am almost done dry fitting and should start glueing shortly.