Elvis remix... Dance mixes of classic rock songs.

lne937s

I have a home studio and work with samplers, synths, drum machines & software based hard disc recording. Just thought I'd throw that in there. I've read a quote many years ago and it's come true to a great degree. It goes something like "100 years ago we have perfected the art of performing music. This past 100 years we have perfected the art of recording the performances. The next 100 we will perfect the art of processing those already recorded performances." Does that make sense? Personally I don't care for the whole throw a funky breakbeat under an existing song kinda remix but at least Elvis is back on the charts.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

It's sold out everywhere here in Toronto as well, Oceans Eleven made this thing take off. I haven't here the rest of the remixes though. A little less conversation is the only one I've heard, that one works for sure.

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Velodyne V-1012-B

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

Does this corrupt the original or bring the music to a whole new generation?

A great? It does both.

As a musician I would say up until the Bill Haley and the Comets and later the Beatles ... so mid 1960s. Most, if not all music, was done as writers and "song smiths" created catalogs. You got a record deal..and did something from the catalog. Rarely, if at all, before did you write and produce and perform anything in music. So I guess my point is people sang songs re written for them before 1965 ish, thus a newer generation got to hear it their way and this also lined the record companies pockets with a semi sure thing...

Every generation has its voice. Usually something that their parents hate too. Hey, if your parents really liked it, it would cease to be "cool." Very few groups can keep the momentum that made them famous 5 let alone 10-20 yrs later. The sad thing is this is changing too. We do not get to know an artist let the songs creep in and care to take a min and ponder them and how we look at ourselves too. Instant gratification and 3 months later..they are like soo OLD. (besides...How does Mick Jaggers "I can't get no..Satisfaction" at 50 - 60 something make a little girls body excited at his age. It doesn't. But the song if re done say my a Blink 182, or Perl Jam might become a HUGE hit. And besides. this generation does not care where it came from too..Even if we tell em. LOL

While a lot of older people hate re mixes..in any form, my personal opinion ... for what it is worth, is just that it allows a younger crowd to connect somehow with something that is meaningful. What is gonna happen when we re do a lot of their music...in say 10 yrs. My guess is, we will laugh at them too. If no body cared about anything Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, anybody famous in the past. Their images, likeness, catalog of movies and songs would not be raking in millions of dollars a year in endorsements. Which, as we the consumers, like to see every once in a while. Why? Because it reminds us of our past.

Kinda like watching say Michael Jordan in the 90's. I do not care about his personal life I liked watching him as a basketball player. Period. Somehow, in American culture we got too interested in what made him tick, his personal life, and everything besides basketball. When it is exploited like this, it cheapens the product. (Michael) His athleticism as a basketball player did not go over to baseball. We saw he too struggled to do things in life..as well as fight to get old. Was he one of the greatest in the history of the NBA YES. His image will make a lot of money down the road. My guess is though.... Not for his baseball playing.

Very true Michael...And kinda funny too. Elvis had a deal that when he sang a song if you look at the credits...when he sang it he shared writing (Even if he changed one word) and Produced by (because his "feel" was through his style again here) This was a really big move providing mega bucks....

I still am amazed he holds the Las Vegas record for sold out shows as a music performer. (Cirque DE Solil, will probably break this record but I am not sure if every show has been sold out too.) It happened at the Hilton. (Where he had a penthouse suite for himself and the his manager) 5 years, 50 weeks a year...often 2 shows a night...SOLD OUT>>> That, more than anything else to me, is amazing!!!!!

TCB babay!!!! In a FLASH!!!

BTW, Elvis has left the building.....

• 2 weeks later...