Decent Speaker Stands?

The History Kid

I'm working on swapping out some Polks in one of the bedrooms with a pair of RB-25's (which arrived today).  The Polks I had been using were small enough to sit on top of a dresser that also had the TV.  In this new configuration, I'm planning on moving the sub to the rear (where there's space to actually keep it without it being damaged), and moving the speakers to stands.  (I'll also be adding a small center channel.)

At any rate...my next thing now is to find speaker stands.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where I could get some nice, but reasonably priced speaker stands for a pair of RB-25's?

Would these be any good?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008O05UGW/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1Q5TXAPOS7WLS

Edited by IbizaFlame

I think those are nice looking. Reviews seem to say they are good. The price certainly is reasonable. Good up to 22 lbs, and the 25's weigh 14.

There was a guy in the garage sale section a while back selling stands. I bough 4 of them. Somehow I doubt he's still around. They were quite nice for the price.

These would be better for bass response (no kidding).  You can paint them to match whatever decor.  The idea is that the base should be the same dimensions as the footprint of the speaker...in order to prevent "suck outs" at 200-300 Hz.

039645970768xl.jpg

Edited by Chris A

not far off, iff covered nicely! If I might brag a bit:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0105/standbyme.htm

Nurseries and garden shops sell white-stone pedestals in classic Grecian-styles for plants and statutes. They are two to three feet high, not too wide and heavy - they don't need filling with sand; they are sand themselves.