WTB Forte II speaker terminal cup/crossover

finallygotmyheresies

• 3 weeks later...

colterphoto1, that'd be great if you found a pair, when you get a chance thanks for checking.

Jake, I hadn't thought of using plexiglass but I was thinking about going to a metal shop to have a pair of plates cut out of aluminum. Plexi would probably be much easier and cheaper too. Thanks for the suggestion.

These are from original forte, if they will work for you just msg me your shipping address and these are yours. If you don't need the crossover components, please pass on to the next guy. Glad they could be of some use, been in a drawer here for a few years. 

Michael 

post-8651-0-14080000-1417883556_thumb.jp

Edited by colterphoto1

oops wrong shape, it's just been pointed out that forte II has a rectangular cup. Perhaps can find a blank the same size at Parts Express? They have a lot of cups in their PRO section, many of them metal, and with punchouts for fitting any number of connector fittings.  

From what I have found in my research Klipsch used 3 different sizes of terminal cups for the Forte line. A round one like you have(early Forte), a rectangle type(later Forte) maybe the same size as is used in the Heresy II and a much larger rectangle type in the Forte II. This one measures a very odd 6" x 4 ⅞" and of course it's the one I need.  I'm bidding on a pair of Chorus II crossovers that are ending today, if they get too expensive I will most likely go the plexiglass route that Jake mentioned earlier.  I appreciate your offer, it was very generous.

Plexiglass is brittle compared to other plastics.

I prefer to use PVC.  It glues easily and it is available in a few colors.

It is much tougher than plexi and still easy to work with.

It can be heated in oil with an old deepfryer to make bends or pressed into forms.