Speaker placement suggestions, would 7.2 be worth it over 5.2 in this space?

substance-p

So I am finalizing the remodel of the bonus room (please excuse the mess). The space where the TV currently is will be removed and that wall will be made flush opening up that space a bit so we can reorient the room.

The room is 550 Sq ft with a sloping roof line on each side. The plan is to build in storage in the corners of the wall where the painters tape is with built in space for subs and then a shelf with the TV and RB on top and the RC-64 under the TV on a shelf. My plan is to move the RS35s to midway back on the walls and position the couch about 12' from the TV.

I can't decide if it's worth adding two more RBs to the rear wall (or ceiling) to go to 7.2 instead of 5.2. The placement will be tricky and require a lot of snacking of speaker wire, but now would be the time to do it while I am having all the drywall work done.

This will be used for 70% over the air TV and 30% movies.5a645424a145c3f628026d52b39b0d10.jpg84db4abdddeddb5ba3e8037f243cb749.jpgabed176e5b1e2fe6496ed221f1f723c0.jpg57e9a33af33b13921ef54af50f1406a1.jpgb043649451485ffaeb99cf2bcf2587cb.jpg

Edited by substance-p

I liked 7.2 so much I went up to 9.2 on both my setups. If you are 70% TV and 30% movies it may not be worth it. I do however like how the extra rear channels do expand the listening area behind me as well as the wide/heights in the front.Just makes it seem to have a more full soundfield than just 5.1, and they are doing more 7.1 in TV and movies at this point.Just my humble opinion though.

doesn't hurt to wire for it. however with you stating that you are mainly tv and i have yet to see anything on tv in a format more than 5.1, I'm not so sure how much it will be "worth" to you. id say only you could decide that. i will say i have a 5.1 setup and a 7.1 setup and both are "equally" as awesome for surround sound. 

If I can add to my comments above,depending on where you're at, cable companies are expanding their HD Movies pretty slow for actual channels constantly in HD (I only have 4 HD Channels for premium HBO Type the rest are standard), but Satellite offers tons more. So there is the option of getting many many more 7.1 movies as well as VUDU if you use them. All their listings are 7.1. I watched The Guardians movie in 7.2 and 9.2 and it just blew me away with the audio. We were all turning to see where the sounds were coming from as we thought it was something other than the movie. And we watched it on cable.

Thanks everyone. The room is essentially 23.5ft by 23.5 ft. My guess is that there will be about 10 feet from the back of the seating area to where the rears would have to go. 

I would like to have a couple of RBs there for the effect, but am not sure to what extent the auditory impact would be there.