Oppo HA-1 DAC vs Emotiva XDA-2

justinsweber

I primarily have a 2 sources. LPs (MA2275 phono stage into SUT to a VPI Classic I and Grado sonata moving iron) and Apple Mac Mini to DAC.

The Mac in a i5 mini with 16gigs with SS drive for the operating system and Fire wire to external drive array. My current library is 99% AIFFS ripped from CDs via iTunes and played through Ammara hifi.

So... Is this a worthwhile upgrade. I will never spend more than $1500 on a DAC... as I believe that every 2-4 years a mid-entry level DAC will become a giant killer compared to the top shelf from several years prior.

Does the Oppo HA-1 represent a significant improvement of my XDA-2? The extra features are nice... the DSD support, Bluetooth and AptX.

Has anyone heard one in the wild?

If I had not owned a intergraded form long ago the HA-1 one with its 1 analog input and multiple digital inputs would be the perfect pre.

Looking at its build Id swear it was OEM’d from Emotiva... Looking at Emotiva stealth DAC there are a lot of similarities, the power regulator, form factor, PCB design and general layout... Am I wrong?

All responses welcome :-)