KLF 10 VALUE

Michigun

Gents,

Finally blew my 70's era Yammy speakers.  Pink Floyd live @ Pompeii finally took one out.  I have always enjoyed the Klipsch sound as all of you must as well.  I found these somewhat close to me.  What would a reasonable value be for a set of these nowadays?  Appear to be pretty well taken care of.  I am located in western michigan if anyone has some well taken care of speakers they want to part with.  I am basically starting from scratch.  Got a decent flat screen now and looking to purchase a receiver and 2 front speakers to start off with.  Thank you for your replies.  

Vince

post-59464-0-39640000-1416901467_thumb.j

post-59464-0-00600000-1416901477_thumb.j

post-59464-0-13360000-1416901485_thumb.j

post-59464-0-63480000-1416901708_thumb.j

Edited by Michigun

Personally, I'd be looking for a pair of KLF-20's or 30's in the Legend series.  The 10's are pretty good, but the others are up the food chain. Best guess on price for the 10's would probably be in the 300 to 500 range in good condition. Make sure the cabinets don't rattle. KLF's had some bracing problems. So far I've lucked out with my 30's and 10's which I use in my HT system. Welcome to the forum.

I have to echo the warning on the rattling. They frequently have loose motor boards or rear panel due to failing glue. They are not hard to fix if you are at all handy. I do favor the 10's over the 20's and 30's as the mids are not so bright to my ear. The Bob C tweeter swap is also recomended and comes in around $60ish. As far as pricing I have snagged them for as little as $100(a little rough) to $350 (very nice). Either way you would have to spend considerably more for something new that compares.

The KLF 30'S I'VE SEEN ARE AROUND $500-750 IN GOOD CONDITION, THE 20'S ARE $380-500, AND THE 10'S ARE $100-350.If they aren't local and shipping is done, that's where the issue is going to come in.It may cost as much to ship as the cost of the speakers themselves.

It will come down to finding rear surrounds and front effects speakers if you run more than 5.1 that will be an issue for you, the others are somewhat available. The rattling if it does happen is a very easy fix and I would do both if the issue does arrise on one of them.

Edited by Jim

Welcome to the forum! I'd say the KLF 10's are a fine speaker, especially if you can get them for around a few hundred bucks. I've also had the luck of finding a pair locally for $150 in nice shape but I think a more typical price is in the $250-$450 range. Good luck!

Gents,

Thanks for the replies, he wants $550 for those and I thought that was high even tho I know these are nice speakers.  He's 3 hours away and that's a big commitment on my part sight unheard with the bad economy blues.  Sucks to be me.  He also has these for sale and also appear to be in great shape.  Doesn't look like they took much abuse from this guy.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/4737893142.html

You can always throw out a low ball offer and explain how far you'd have to drive etc, worst thing that can happen is he'll say no. Otherwise just keep your eyes open, deals pop up all the time.

Edited by jjptkd

Indeed jj, I haven't called him yet just wanted to get a real world idea of what they are going for nowadays. Personally I have no desire to drive to detroit.  I appreciate everyones input.  The thing that caught my attention was how good of shape they appear to be in.

Edited by Michigun

Gents,

Thanks for the replies, he wants $550 for those and I thought that was high even tho I know these are nice speakers.  He's 3 hours away and that's a big commitment on my part sight unheard with the bad economy blues.  Sucks to be me.  He also has these for sale and also appear to be in great shape.  Doesn't look like they took much abuse from this guy.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/4737893142.html

I've seen them by me for $260.00, but they were also in black not rosewood. Those are also the KSF, not KLF. One is Synergy, one is Legend Series. You can get a set of the KSF-10.5,AND 8.5 combined on Ebay for the same price as those rosewood speakers.

Edited by Jim