opI ions on Pioneer VSX-1124 K

Greetings From Alaska

The Pioneer's are good avr's with decent features and power.  List you signature so people quickly know what speakers you have. Press the down arrow next to you user name and go to settings.  This way people can give you a more informed opinion on how the components will match up.  Also, welcome to the forum. :)

I have the VSX-1122k which is more or less the same model just a couple of years older. It works well, no problems, and sounds fine with my KG series speakers. For the money I would recommend it, but the Pioneer models starting with the "sc" designation are in a different league. They sound fantastic with big horns.

Edited by tromprof

Agreed. I had a 1020-k (I think) and I stepped up to a SC-25 and it was a night and day difference. Weight, power, processing, everything. I am a huge Pioneer receiver fan though, I am not trying to put down your purchase. We all have a budget and if the 1124 fits in it, I am sure it will meet your needs.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

Oh noes. I cannot post. I have dehpression.

I got it delivered FOR FREE and I live in Alaska!

Does anybody know best tries return policy for an item ordered online? Maybe I could return it to one of the two local best tries? I suck at buying decisions regarding sound and video equipment. I get all frazzled. Buy this one, NO buy THIS one!

And for a week or two I see and hear imperfection. OMG I CAN'T HEAR MORRISON'S WHISPER OVERDUB ON LA LADY!!

So now I gotta see if I can return the 1124 and get an SC model. Area they the Elite series Details:

Edited by Greetings From Alaska