KG 3.2 with Bob Crities upgrade -

expresso

Hi - i am not sure if this is the right section to post this -   i am curious i have a pair of these KG 3.2 - in what i would say is excellent condition - walnut - grills are good as new - everything works great -  i added the bobs crities upgrade for this also - 

i believe he never got an request for a cross over for this model - i was the first - the picture of the crossover on his website is the one he made for me - took a picture before shipping it -  :)

my question is -  how much do you think i can try to sell this pair for ?  i know they are not the Top of the line models - and the chances i wont recover my total costs for all the work i done etc, -

If someone needs a decent size speaker with a great sound also - these can work nicely -  

i am considering selling them  -  i want to try a new model of klipsch and just dont have the room any more - i have a 5.1 82's  set up --  i may sell those also and start over with different models of klipsch - 

i can post pictures if needed - i just havnt decided 100% if i should sell them -  

what do you guys think -  if you were in my shoes -  what would be a decent price to sell them for -  i cant ship - i am in NY - would have to be pick up - and you can hear them that way also - 

thanks -

Claudio

I just had a few hours listening to them and i have to say - they are a nice sounding little speaker -  its little compared to the other models -  but not a small speaker for many in apts. -  like myself -   i havnt decided yet  but will soon depends on if i can close a deal for a pair of Forte II  -  thats the only reason i am even thinking of getting rid of them because i just dont have the room for more than two pairs  -   so if i get the forte II - i have to move one pair out -  

i have it hooked up to my EMO XP 5 amp  -  its a good 200 watts with all 5 channels running -  but with 2 channels its 275 watts -  i have them in direct mode which is best for me i think -  and they sounded great - handle it with ease - and if i end up keeping them - thats how i will leave it with the EMO amp -  and run my 82's with the QSC GX 5 amp -  that works great for the 82's -  

its a balanced speaker - not too much boom but enough and the highs are nice when you raise that volume up a bit - with jazz - saxophone  - and female vocals - its not bad at all -  i had a pair i purchased new in 91 i think -  long story - one got misplaced during moving a few years back -  i liked them enough to make me find another pair -   and these are the 3.2 model - i had the KG 3 in black -  but these are Walnut - which i like actually -  they were in excellent condition when i got them and i just polished them - keeping the wood clean shiny - well kept -  no smoking here -  i have them on stands and are same level as my 82's  with the stands -   i even have pictures of when i changed the crossovers -

i have to find the pictures -  i will post them -    and i am considering giving them to a friend also who lives in my building who  i know would appreciate them also -  i even have my marantz 7002 AVR sitting in a box for a year -- since i got the EMO gear -  - i used to run them off the Marantz -   that was a good match also -   i am holding the marantz for this friend also -   when she makes up her mind and decides she wants them -  i will give them to her -   till then - if she really dosnt want them for any reason and i end up with the Forte -  i then have to consider selling since i dont have any one else that would take care of them and enjoy them -   

or i have to throw out all my winter jackets and stick them in a closet :D     i tell you - i wish someone gave me things like this when i was younger -  i have both options on the table - and i figure i ask what i should sell them for if i end up selling them -    

i was also thinking of upgrading the 82's next year if a new set comes out which i may like -  like a RF 5 maybe comeback ?   something along those lines -   i have no real reason to upgrade any of them really - they do sound great -  its just the only way to listen to other models  - i have to get rid of one pair to add another -   if i had a home -  i would just keep them all -

The speaker KG 3.2  is a overlooked speaker -  they may not have been the top of the line -  but the sound would make you think differently - the real reason i got them was because of the passive in the front - giving me better options on placement - unlike the rear passive drivers  that need a wall for the best results -