front ported speakers

TheHummer

is there a difference in setting up a front ported speakers or using a of rear ported speaker.

My klipsch F1 are about 1 mtr from the backwall.so i was asking myself is this correct or can i put them closer to the backwall.

Asking this because i have the feeling the bass is much louder when i, walking through the house.

And when i sit down the bass is much less then when i stand up or walking.

I know this is the placement of the speakers,but is doesn't seem to matter where i put them.

I'm only playing stereo at the moment,i'm busy to change my home theatre,so i can't setup through a microphone.

Hope you guys can help me a little bit further.

Thx in advance

TheHummer

I think the answer to what you are asking is "yes" you can put a speaker with a front port closer to the back wall.  One meter away should be find for either front or rear facing ports.

In terms of bass being louder further away than when you are close, the answer is "yes" that is not unusual.  As I walk through my house with the speakers playing loud sometimes I will get a "booming" sound from the bass I don't hear up close. 

I would say the room is having an effect on what the speakers are sounding like, and again we know that the room can affect as much as 50% of the total sound.  If your room is exaggerating the highs, the bass might sound weak by comparison.  You might have to use the EQ in your AVR to either tone down the highs, or accent the lows a bit.  I agree with Don (directly upstream) that different listening positions will also have a big effect on the bass.

Once you setup the speakers properly using the AVR's microphone and sound correction (like Audyssey) I think you will be much happier with the overall sound.