DeanG crossovers for La Scalas

sadie777

Sorry, yes, you're fine -- I was curious what I used. If it would have been a 3636, I might have suggested something else.

Just add a wire to Tap 3, and switch the wire out on the barrier strip -- that way you can easily go back and forth without desoldering.

Don't tighten the screws too hard -- they will strip. 

10 hours ago, Deang said:

Sorry, yes, you're fine -- I was curious what I used. If it would have been a 3636, I might have suggested something else.

Just add a wire to Tap 3, and switch the wire out on the barrier strip -- that way you can easily go back and forth without desoldering.

Don't tighten the screws too hard -- they will strip. 

Cool. All set to roll as soon as the Mundorfs get here.

Well, the Mundorf resistors came in today, and have been playing those a good part of the day, definitely reminiscent of the adjustable networks I've heard on other's systems. They have a different "sweet spot" - when the system is played a bit louder these seem to keep things in a little better balance, the straight AA is "closer/more immediate" and more in line with moderate listening levels, at least with the V-Cap OIMP builds....

This is something I've intended to experiment with for some time, and I'm set up now to be able to do some "back and forth" and get a firmer hold on how these present themselves. I'm in a smallish room for the Belle Klipsch (12 x 15) so the mids without the mod do tend to get pushed forward and get a little "shouty" when it gets a little volume on it. I'm migrating to one full time system in the 2 channel setup (as opposed to vintage Mac, then Peach/VRDs, rolling gears and such) and I will now be running VRDs/NBS as the one system, full time in that room. So I'm gonna play with the networks to see what gives me the best overall result.

I'm curious and would ask Dean how this version of the modification might differ if I went to the 6.8uf V-Cap OIMP instead of the resistor. Expensive trial at $165.00 per pair....