Playing electric guitar through you Klipsch speakers

jtubbs6117

It has been a while since my last post. I have recently taken up leaning to play guitar which has been a blast. I hope to play and continue to learn the rest of my life. But the question I have is I bought Rock smith 2014 for PS3 as a learning tool. I want to make sure I understand something.  I know that there are an unlimited number of sounds from an electric guitar with modeling amp. But the system I am using with my ps3 I play my guitar through my living room setup. Will me playing my game (learning tool) cause any harm to my current HIFI HT system?

I am having trouble understanding how the distortion that gives guitars their great sound does not burn up the drivers in the guitar cabs? We all know or I could be wrong. I was under the impression that distortion for a given time will with a non uniform wave will cause more than normal heart around the voice coil and cause the ferrofuild to heat beyond it recommended range. IE the driver burns up. Why does this not happen to fender cabs marshall cab?ETc…….

Can I damage my system? My Mc Intosh amp will if the signal is containing too much distortion will produce static at times. My only other time I can remember the amp doing this was has been when music contained artifacts or a bad. 

Line 6 make a product called the amlify TT this unit connects to you home hifi and offers you the modeling from line 6 but will this damage you high end system?

I am going to purchase a separate amp and gear but until that time I just wanted to ask.  I know there are many hear that play or have intimate knowledge of Pro Gear.  

Will me playing my game (learning tool) cause any harm to my current HIFI HT system?

I can't imagine that it would. Seems like this is like asking if playing Jimi Hendrix will damage your speakers.

Line 6 make a product called the amlify TT this unit connects to you home hifi and offers you the modeling from line 6 but will this damage you high end system?

I ran a Line 6 Pod similar to the HD500X for a long time. When playing live I actually ran it through an Ampeg 4x10 bass cabinet and a bass amp that didn't have a preamp, and when I did that it was actually really hard to tell that it wasn't a real guitar amp. I finally got tired of lugging that big cab around so I left it at our practice house and just plugged it in to the stereo. It worked fine. However, it did not have the same punch at all. You will get a tone and volume good enough to practice with but it will never sound like an actual amp, the punch just isn't there. It is actually really friggin boring playing it through a stereo. You could even practice bass, although it was even worse. But yeah it works fine.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

If you were to run your guitar through an actual guitar amp with high gain/overdrive and then run the amp to your stereo, I could foresee potential problems from clipping.

But using the virtual amp from the PS3 should be just fine. I've been playing Rock Smith on 360 for several months now, and it feels much safer than connecting my guitar amp output to my stereo.

Hell, I've even jammed with a full garage band using Rock Smith connected to large PA speakers. It's one of the cheapest ways to get your hands on a decent virtual tone designer.

Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure playing Rocksmith wouldn't cause anay damage to my main system. While I save up for a stand alone guitar amp. (fingers crossed for Line 6 ampify 150). I really like the Jimi refernce.

Mattser I would never hook up both and chain together. That was my mistake in the first post.i was talking about a product that Line 6 has called the TT that gives you all the modeling of their amps but does not amplifiy anything. It seems like a great product for people and opening up a new market for people learning to play the guitar or picking it back up. It's gresat to hear from someine that uses Rocksmith what a rgreat tool and alot of fun at the same time.i never thought about using the Game console outputs to plug into a PA system what a great idea.