12 Amperex Bugle Boy 12AU7 ECC82 Holland Closely Matched 1958 Holy Grail Tubes

eth2

Helpful hint:

While the longplate BB 12AU7 is an excellent tube, don't forget about it's slightly younger brother: The short, wide plate version made from 1959-1962 with the large O getter. This is an excellent tube, exhibiting similar characteristics as the longplates - but less prone to microphony and possessing a little more bass slam. I have a substantial stock of both varieties - they are by far my favorite 12AU7 - but it is worth knowing that the 1959-1962 version can be still found NOS on occasion for more "mortal" prices, and you won't be missing much - in fact in some areas the later one is a bit better.

Helpful hint:

While the longplate BB 12AU7 is an excellent tube, don't forget about it's slightly younger brother: The short, wide plate version made from 1959-1962 with the large O getter. This is an excellent tube, exhibiting similar characteristics as the longplates - but less prone to microphony and possessing a little more bass slam. I have a substantial stock of both varieties - they are by far my favorite 12AU7 - but it is worth knowing that the 1959-1962 version can be still found NOS on occasion for more "mortal" prices, and you won't be missing much - in fact in some areas the later one is a bit better.

Do you know where these may be found?