Bone head move

Max2

I was just visiting my bro in law in Colorado who recently purchased a RF-83 five channel system for his new media room he just completed. Anyway he had his plugs in the top part of the terminal just powering his high end and mid range, and was getting now bass. As you can imagine his face lit up with excitement when we had everything plugged in correctly. 

A quick side note, this was my first time listening to RF-83's in person, and I have to say they are beasts! Very punchy bass and super smooth sounding. From what I could recall of my 7 II's they seemed a little less harsh at higher listening levels and sounded more relaxed overall.

• Moderators
I was just visiting my bro in law in Colorado who recently purchased a RF-83 five channel system for his new media room he just completed. Anyway he had his plugs in the top part of the terminal just powering his high end and mid range, and was getting now bass. As you can imagine his face lit up with excitement when we had everything plugged in correctly.

Colorado, could be clue right there...........hey just talking from past experience. :o  :P

Just remembered another bonehead move I made. built a Spud subwoofer,  it has two drivers, I wired them wrong and they were fighting each other to put out sound past a low rumble. It took me two day to find my mistake, I was about to pitch it until I figured it out, I couldn't believe other suggested this model with this kind of output. But no it was my bonehead move that screwed it up.

• Moderators

Just thought of another one ( oh what a surprise )......

A couple of years ago we were going to a cabin in the mountains in Tennessee for Christmas and we were going to be there for 11 days. So I got the bright idea to bring a HK 930 and a pair of RB-75's with an older 5 disc cd player I had in the closet. I brought about 6 cd's with Christmas music and some other burned Cd's.

Well it worked great, until I tried to play a burned disc, the older model cd player would not play burned disc, so all we had was Christmas music.

• Like 1

A couple of years ago we were going to a cabin in the mountains in Tennessee for Christmas and we were going to be there for 11 days. So I got the bright idea to bring a HK 930 and a pair of RB-75's with an older 5 disc cd player I had in the closet. I brought about 6 cd's with Christmas music and some other burned Cd's.

Well it worked great, until I tried to play a burned disc, the older model cd player would not play burned disc, so all we had was Christmas music.

11 days with X-mas music.. Ugh, you were cleansed with Christmas Bells by the end of that trip my friend.

• Like 1

When I was 18 I was called for my induction physical. The physicals were being given in a large gym (basketball court) with about 10 stalls directly across from the bleachers where about 100 guys were sitting, waiting their turns. When you were called you walked to one on the stalls which were closed on three sides, but were open to the bleachers. When my name was called, I dutifully walked to the stall and went through the routine. Towards the end, the Doctor(?) told me to turn around bend over and pull up my cheeks. I did as I was told and he repeated "pull them up." So I pulled my checks up higher only to have him yell "PULL THEM UP!!" I tried my best with all 100 guys now watching intently, he screamed, "No stupid, your pants!" I have never felt so stupid or had so many guys rolling on the floor laughing at me before or since. So much for my military career. I was called, but the draft ended two weeks later. I am afraid that story would have followed me to Nam or where they would have sent me.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Max2, on 02 Feb 2015 - 1:13 PM, said:

dtel, on 02 Feb 2015 - 1:06 PM, said:

11 days with X-mas music.. Ugh, you were cleansed with Christmas Bells by the end of that trip my friend.

Well we ended up listening to less music than planned that's for sure.

• Like 1