Sub and Hersey I crossover settings

vtpalmer

What's a good sub crossover setting to go with Hersey's, to obtained a good smooth transitation.

For 2-channel or HT?

I think for either you would be safe at 60Hz, 70Hz or 80Hz.  If your sub has the option of a 12dB slope and 24dB slope, flip back and forth with all three settings and listen intently.

Try them all and see what you get.

Bill

I've been running them as small, crossed at 60hz seems to work great for movies/tv. I've found for music, especially in acoustic style that the bass seemed to muddle the lower mid-range. When I switch my receiver from stereo to direct (which by-passes the settings) the sounds seems much more clear, yet there's that loss of deep bass. I love the depth the solidness of the bass from the sub. I would just like a little smoother blend especially when listening to music.

They should be ran as small.  Williand  picked several XO points that should work well.  Which is best is dependent on your FR in that specific room.  The 60 Hz  setting sounds like a winner.  The sound in the room can be tweaked by working on reverb and few other things that are not necessarily related to the sub.