Klipsch in-wall vs. in-ceiling speakers

imahawki78

I'm looking at potentially using Klipsch in-wall speakers for a new HT build. I've never had in-walls before but I'm interested in keeping open floor space at clean looks and am willing to give up some on performance. Klipsch offers what they categorize as both in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. The in-wall speakers look like the front of a typical Klipsch bookshelf speaker but it appears the entire horn part has a few degrees of tilt so you can aim them a bit. The in-ceiling speakers look more like a car audio coaxial speaker with an aim-able tweeter. I'm wondering if there would be an advantage to using the in-wall speakers in ceiling for rear surrounds or if I should stick with the in-ceiling speakers. The reason it occurs to me to ask is that the in-ceiling designated speakers don't incorporate a horn on the tweeter.

Thoughts?

placement tip - put those surrounds somewhat near a wall boundary and aim the tweeters 'pod' toward the wall for a more distributed ambient sound. The 5800 types are similar in voice to the Reference line, and also feature some tone-tailoring switches. I have the R5800C in my kitchen area and they rock pretty good. 

Another tip is whether wall or ceiling mounted, don't utilize the entire cavity for the back box (particularly for in-ceiling types between floors of homes or in attic spaces.) Limit the cubic inches to a foot or two by packing some insulation on either side of the speaker within the wall stud or ceiling joist cavity.